Education advice without an appointment
You can discuss study-related matters with our education advisors. We will help you find suitable education and consider different alternatives. We can also help you with, for example, filling out applications. The advice offices have computers and printers that you can use for finding education options and making applications.
You do not need to make an appointment with the service: education advice is available every week at our offices. Educational institutions in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area participate in the education advice events.
The next education advice events and their locations can be found in the event calendar.
Study counselling and vocational psychologist
Do you need new perspectives on choosing education or help with solving problems? With the study counsellor or vocational psychologist, you can stop and think about your situation and gain new perspectives. This confidential and free service is available both in person and remotely by phone and by video.
Ask for more information about study counselling from your specialist.
Read more about counselling and the psychologist’s services.
Study counselling is for you if:
- you want to clarify your own strengths, resources, interests or professional wishes.
- you need help with choosing your field of study.
- you have experienced challenges in working life that you want to discuss.
- you are no longer interested in the field you currently work in.
- you need help completing your studies.
- your health problems, situation in life or learning difficulties limit your options.
The aim is to help you make decisions that support your future in a good way. Counselling is available in Finnish, Swedish, English and in other languages through an interpreter.