Be in touch with the Employment Services in the summer and apply for training courses starting in the autumn
Being a client of the Employment Services
You will receive help and support for your employment from us. You can contact us in several ways. You can find more information on the Contact information and advice section.
Read more about the pay subsidy option
The pay subsidy is a financial subsidy that compensates the employer for part of the salary costs. The employer can receive a pay subsidy when certain conditions are met.
You may be entitled to the pay subsidy when you have registered as an unemployed jobseeker and the pay-subsidised work promotes your employment.
A pay subsidy may be granted for
- a fixed-term employment relationship or an employment relationship that is valid until further notice
- a full-time or part-time employment relationship (e.g. if you have partial work ability)
- apprenticeship training.
The pay subsidy will be reformed starting on 1 July 2023. The new information on the pay subsidy will be updated on our website by 1 July 2023.
Apply for education and training
The application periods for some of TE Services’ labour market training courses starting in the autumn will take place already during the summer. Take a look at the courses available, and discuss with your own specialist before starting training.
Below are examples of labour market training courses starting in the autumn in Helsinki. The training course introductions are primarily in Finnish.
- Artisan, part of the initial vocational qualification in the Applied Arts
Application period ends on 24 September 2023. Training starts on 24 October 2023.
- Online training in CAD technology
Application period ends on 31 July 2023. Training starts on 11 September 2023.
- Machinist / CNC lathe operator
Application period ends on 28 August 2023. Training starts on 25 September 2023.
- Short logistics training (transport)
Application period ends on 14 August 2023. Training starts on 2 October 2023.
- Training in payroll administration
Application period ends on 20 July 2023. Training starts on 5 September 2023.
- Path to the logistics industry for young people and foreign-language speakers
Application period ends on 18 August 2023. Training starts on 11 September 2023.
- Initial vocational qualification in social and health care, Finnish as a second language
Application period ends on 25 August 2023. Training starts on 2 October 2023.
- Technical building manager, further vocational qualification in real estate management
Application period ends on 10 August 2023. Training starts on 13 September 2023.
- Working life-oriented nursing assistant training, strong support for Finnish language
Application period ends on 2 August 2023. Training starts on 11 September 2023.
- Security guard training
Application period ends on 4 August 2023. Training starts on 4 September 2023.
New paths through training
The Work Path and Career Path training supports you in your job search. As part of the training, you will receive personal guidance and support from a peer group.
- Learn to market your skills.
- Update your resume and application template.
- Get tips for successful job interviews.
- Learn to identify your strengths and matters that affect your job search.
Future training courses
- Work Path training in August:
15–21 August 2023 + follow-up path
23–29 August 2023 + follow-up path
- Work Path training in August–September:
14 August – 1 September 2023 + follow-up path
16 August – 5 September 2023 + follow-up path, those aged 50 or more
Read more and apply for the training on the TE Services website:
Work Path training (In Finnish)
Career Path training (In Finnish)